Implant Learning Center
SAME DAY EMERGENCY CARE
It doesn’t matter if you have one missing tooth or a mouth full of missing teeth. Dental implants can replace each of your missing teeth with a natural looking tooth that is strong and durable. There are several reasons to consider dental implants. If you suffer from tooth loss, you are likely a great candidate. By replacing missing teeth with dental implants you will have better support and stability when chewing. You can replace your confidence along with your teeth. You can smile again because you will have a full set of teeth that look, feel and function naturally.
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that acts as the replacement for the root of a missing tooth. Dental implants can be placed in both the upper and lower jaw. Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, a dental implant fuses with the bone and is a suitable anchor for the replacement tooth. Dental implants can be used to replace single or multiple missing teeth.
Yes. There are several reasons why you should consider a dental implant:
- When you lose a tooth, you lose the root structure when a natural tooth is present. This causes the jawbone to shrink. This shrinkage makes your face look older than it is.
- There are no loose parts and your dental implant will not fall out. The dental implant is stable and comfortable.
- No adjustments are needed after placement. With proper home care and regular visits to the dentist, your dental implant can last for a lifetime.
- Statistics confirm a success rate of over 95 percent for dental implants.
The cost of dental implants can vary based on several factors, including the number of dental implants required to support your replacement teeth. Some additional procedures may be required prior to the placement of your dental implants to ensure the long-term health of your dental implants. Call Sinking Spring Family Dental today to schedule a Free Consultation. A specific fee estimate will be given to you on that day – after all of your pertinent information is known. Get your first implant for just $890*.
As with any surgery, you may experience some discomfort. But with sedation dentistry, you can undergo the entire process in a relaxed and comfortable environment In fact, most patients say they felt more comfortable following the procedure than they had anticipated. Give us a call to ask how sedation dentistry can help you!
Anyone who is missing one or more teeth due to injury, disease or tooth decay may be a candidate for dental implants. The determining factor is the amount of available bone. Your dentist is the best person to evaluate whether dental implants are a viable solution for you.
Occasionally, older patients express concern that their age may prevent them from enjoying the benefits of dental implants. However, health is more of a determining factor than age. If you’re healthy enough to have a tooth extracted, you’re probably healthy enough to receive dental implants. Certain chronic diseases may contraindicate dental implant treatment. Your dentist will determine if you are a candidate for dental implants after a careful evaluation of your dental and health history.
- Improved appearance: When you lose the entire tooth – crown and root – shrinkage of the jawbone may cause your face to look older. Dental implants can stop this process. A traditional denture or dental bridge doesn’t.
- Preserve natural teeth: With traditional dental bridges, teeth adjacent to missing teeth need to be ground down to be used as anchors for a dental bridge. Dental implants often eliminate the need to modify healthy teeth.
- Permanent solution: There are no loose parts to worry about losing. The dental implant is stable and comfortable. No adjustment is needed after placement. Normally, it will serve its owner for life.
- Dental implant-supported replacement teeth look, feel and function like natural teeth. This means that you can eat and drink whatever you choose. But most importantly, dental implants often improve quality of life in a very concrete way. People who have felt embarrassed and worried because of their tooth problems are often overwhelmed by what new permanent teeth can do for their self-esteem.
Absolutely! Dental implants can be used to keep your denture(s) securely “snapped” in place. No more adhesive. No more plastic covering the roof of your mouth!
When dental implants are used in combination with modern restorative dentistry, their appearance, comfort and function are very likely to exceed your expectations. Often they are hard to tell apart from your natural teeth.
Will I be able to chew with the same force and pressure I use with my natural teeth?
Yes. Following a brief adaptation period, chewing capacity is comparable to that of natural teeth.
It is normal to have some bruising and swelling in the gum and soft tissues. But usually the discomfort, if any, is treated with ordinary over-the-counter painkillers. You should expect to be able to work the next day.
Your new teeth must be cared for and checked regularly, just like your natural teeth. Brush and floss as recommended by your dentist or dental hygienist. See your dentist in six months, or more frequently if so advised.
*New Patients Only.
Give our office a call or fill out the form.